Sunday, November 6, 2011

Heart Cath 11/1/11

We headed to Jackson last week for Aaron's heart cath. Dr. A said this may be his last procedure if it went well, but we would just have to see. Here he was in the car on the trip down. Happy as could be. He had no idea, poor thing:
He had to have his last bottle before midnight the night before. We woke him up a couple times before that to feed him. Here he is with Sassy eating one of his last meals of the night:

He ended up sleeping until 5:30 even without eating! We could not believe it! He got to hang out with Cap that morning while we got ready to go to the hosptial. He laughed and played and had a great time. Did not even fuss for a bottle:

Why are we all up at 5:30!? Why am I getting all this attention?!

Nonna, Pops and Auntie Mo met us at the hospital. (T was sick and could not come. Uncle Chase had to work). The procedure last just about an hour. They walked him right into the waiting room and handed him to us. He was so out of it and so fussy and rolling all over the place. I don't know how else to describe it. He was so hard to hold. So strong! I was afraid I was going to drop him. He did this for probably about an hour then he fell back asleep on his dad:

Headed to the floor to our room after the cath:

Relief that it was over!

Sleeping peacefully on Daddy. He wanted out of that hospital gown and to be held up right. He slept like this with mouth open for a couple hours before he decided he was ready to eat:

This was the next morning before we were discharged. We got a great report. They were able to stretch his aorta to three times its original size! They were very pleased with the results. Dr. A said we are now done with this point in our lives and can move on with our healthy baby. Still holding my breath that that is true. Think I always will after what we have been through.

He has been home for three days now. His sleep and eating patterns are still off. He loved all the attention he got in Jackson and is not thrilled that we wont hold him constantly now that we are home. Taking a few days to get him to adjust back to normal life at home. Can't believe he will be 4 months old this week! Lots of pictures from this month to come.


Post a Comment