Friday, March 11, 2011

20 weeks!

How Far Along: 20 weeks ( we are 20 weeks and 0 days today and have 20 weeks and 0 days to go!!!)

Size of baby: Large Banana- 7 inches long head to rump and weighs 11 oz

Maternity Clothes: Maternity pants all the way and of course my yoga pants. I go back and forth between regular and maternity shirts.

Gender: Boy!! Its so much more real now that we know there is a little boy in there and he has a name.

Movement: More and more every day. He is usually pretty calm in the mornings and starts moving after lunch. He is more active in the evenings. I was at work and on the floor all hunched over a couple times this week doing wound care and he kicked me really hard. He doesn't like when I don't give him the room he is used to. I have felt the kick when I have my hand resting on my belly several times. Stephen has tried several times to feel the kicks but as soon as he puts his hand on my belly Aaron gets completely still. Ha ha! Stephen just tells him he is being a stubborn child! I think its funny. Stephen really doesn't find it to be that funny.

What I miss: I really started feeling more pregnant this week. I forget sometimes that I am really growing a baby and that takes alot of energy. I hit my wall several times this week. I worked very long days and then had things to do after work too. I am off today and now Im sitting on the couch for most of the day. I have an appointment at the spa this afternoon for a pedicure and prenatal massage. I'm very excited!

Sleep: No problems this week. Just couldn't get enough of it.

Symptoms: Can't find anything that I want to eat this week. I get something that I think I want then I take my first bite and that is all I can put in my mouth. Stephen finds this just as frustrating as I do. This happened alot in the first trimester but this is the most I have dealt with it since then.

Cravings: The new sonic hotdogs! I finally had one Wednesday night. I have been talking about them for two weeks. We were sitting at sonic and my husband confessed that he had already had one two days before! He said he had been trying to find the right time to tell me! haha! Can you tell how serious I was about trying them? Good thing we don't have a sonic in Vernon anymore or I would eat them every day.


I cannot believe we are starting week 21 day! I told Stephen last night that we are now 20 weeks. He said "What?!" I said "Well, yes! Since I was 19 weeks last week then I'm 20 weeks this week." He then started to panic about getting the office cleaned out and getting the nursery ready. I'm not worried about it at all. It will get done and when Aaron gets here he really will not care if the house and nursery are not perfect.

I did get to go the New 2 U consignment show this week. New moms and expecting moms got in a day early so we we went Wednesday night. I got all 6-12 month items and mainly things for him to wear out and to church per the advice of a friends/new moms. I did get him two little swim trunks for next year. In all I got 12 items of clothing and only spent $43!! I got a pair of jeans, cargo shorts, khaki pants, overalls, several polos and a button down shirt. He is going to look like a little man. Too cute! I don't plan of buying much more until after my showers. I am going to one more consignment show in April and get to go early again since I am expecting. Its so fun to use my bargain power shopping skills to find things for Aaron. I am going to have to have a budget for him or I will get myself in trouble.

0 comments:

Post a Comment