Saturday, August 20, 2011

Birth Story Part 2


So about 7:00 pm (I think. I was a little loopy by this point), Dr. Otey came in and said that I had not changed in several hours and Aaron continued to have decerlations at times with the contractions so we needed to do a c section. From that decision, tobeing wheeled into the the operating room felt like seconds but was really several minutes. I remember some of the c section but I was having some pain control issues so they kept giving more and more drugs (yea! Brian was there:0)). Aaron was born at 7:42pm and started screaming right away. They took him over to the warmer where a neonatolgist was waiting to assess him. The first glimpse I got of my sweet boy was his long skinny legs sticking out from around the doctor. I remember at this point telling Stephen, "That's our baby! We have a baby!" Then I started telling him to get over there and take hundreds of pictures! After they had a chance to check on him, Dr. Kloor brought him over to me for just a second before they took him to the nursery.

Aaron's first photo:
Aaron was thinking "Why did they take me out of there? I was so comfy!"

I wish I remembered more of this moment but I was sooooo sleepy from the medication that I was fighting to stay awake:
Our little man:

Everyone was waiting in the nursery window:

Dr. Otey coming out to tell everyone how it went:



Fist bump with Jim Blake:


Aaron stayed in the newborn nursery for about 4 hours. At that time they decided he was breathing a little too fast. His oxygen levels were fine but they did not like how hard he had to work for it. They decided to send him to the NICU.

Aaron's birthday stats:
4 lbs 8 oz
17 1/2 inches long
Born at 7:42 pm


0 comments:

Post a Comment