Saturday, April 30, 2011

27 weeks

How Far Along: 27 weeks- which means THIRD trimester!!!! Time to panic and run around the house to get everything done that we do not have done.

Size of baby: I think my app is acting weird. Last week it said cucumber. This week it says a head of cauliflower. I don't know! But I do know he likes to bounce off of my hip bone and punch me in the ribs at the same time so I know he is bigger.

Maternity Clothes: Maternity pants all the way and of course my yoga pants. I have put the non-maternity scrub tops away. I wore one to the office this week and went home after an hour to change cause I could not breath in it.

Gender: Aaron Marcous

Movement: Moving moving moving all the time!

What I miss: Sleeping or just laying on my stomach

Sleep: I slept better this week only because I took a benadryl several nights. We also did not have power one night so it was hot but I slept okay and then jumped up at 3:30 when the power came on so I could turn on the air and the fans (yes, two fans in my room now). My father in-law and husband put a new ceiling fan up in our room this week. The old one would make so much noise and Stephen would throw a fit if I tried to sleep with it on. So he bought a new one this week and it is MUCH better!

Symptoms: Very tired. Third trimester has brought back the exhaustion of the first trimester. Everyone told me this would happen but I just tried to ignore it. I have been going to work and then crashing just like the first 12 weeks. I have a feeling this will only get worse. Also, my patience seems to be not in abundance lately. I am trying to be very aware of it and take extra steps guard my mouth. We will see. Stephen did admit this morning that he is looking forward to living with his non-pregnant Casey soon. Ha! I bet! Me too!

Cravings: I have just been HUNGRY this week! Of course, I had planned to cut back and eat super healthy since my glucose test is next week. So far, it has been a FAIL! I have eaten what ever is in front of me. Pretty sure I have gained weight too because I feel HUGE this week.

This has been a very big week in our lives. I started the third trimester which like I said has brought on some major anxiety for me. This is it! There is nothing after this but giving birth. We really have done nothing around this house to prepare. Even Stephen is panicked about the fact that the nursery is not done. Oh well, it will get done. We have the bassinet so I know what is what he will sleep in when we first get home anyway. Also this week, we had the deadliest tornadoes that this state has ever seen. The devastation has been very overwhelming. We are currently under a state of emergency. Tuscaloosa will never be the same. I can not imagine our lives here without Tuscaloosa. That is where we go for everything- to shop, celebrate birthdays, go to football games. The main office of our health department is located there. We still have not heard from any of the employees there. Communication has been hit or miss in most areas. We have been working, but without phones, internet or our charting system. We are very blessed that all our family is fine and none of our homes were damaged. The relief efforts are in full swing today. I am going to head to the store soon to buy formula and diapers to send. I cannot imagine facing the loss of everything with a newborn! I wonder how long it will take Alabama to get back on its feet and things will feel "normal" again.

We do go to the doctor next Friday. Stephen is going to try to go with me since he has not been to an appointment in awhile and I'm nervous about my glucose test. Pray I pass on the first try. Not sure if we will get an ultrasound or not. If we do, I will post pics.

0 comments:

Post a Comment