Saturday, January 8, 2011

Week 12


How Far Along: Started week 12 yesterday

Size of baby: the size of a large plum (has doubled in size in the last two weeks!)

Maternity Clothes: I finally broke down this week and bought a couple pairs of scrub pants one size larger and got one pair of maternity jeans (see above). I have never been so happy! Feels so much better than trying to cram in my regular pants. Im still living in yoga pants as soon as I walk in the door at night. Don't think that will change. Had plans of going shopping this weekend to get more clothes but had to work. Maybe Ill get there next week. One pair of jeans wont get me very far.

Gender: I say girl but we will find out the last week of February

Movement: I felt flutters 3 times this week that felt very different. It is still a little early.

What I miss: I have felt good pregnancy wise this week. Its this stupid cold that wont go away that is making me nuts!

Sleep: Not as good this week. Get more uncomfortable every night.

Symptoms: Nausea has been much better. Hope this means we are almost done with this phase. Still keeping the Phenergan close by just in case

Cravings: ICE CREAM! I have had it everyday this week. With this cold, I want very cold things. No real food sounds very good and I have not been eating enough the last few days but hopefully I'll start feeling better soon.

We went to the doctor this week (FINALLY!!!!!). Thank goodness we had the ultrasound first. I felt like I lost 50 pounds when they turned on the speakers and I heard that heartbeat. It was a fast 175. And the little one was waving at us. I go back on the 21st and will have another ultrasound. Ready to see the baby again. Maybe they will let me look a little longer this time. Felt like the last one lasted 30 seconds.

We also finally announced our little secret to the rest of the world this week. Everyone's excitement has been overwhelming. I had no idea how happy everyone would be! My facebook and text messages have been overflowing with well wishes. We also told our grandparents. They were all really excited! Gramma and Poppa both cried, which I expected. Grandmomma said she wasn't surprised. Guess she figured something was up since I have been hiding out in Alabama through the holiday season. Stephen's grandparents were also very excited. I think the reaction that really took me by surprise was my boss. I went by the office after my visit and showed her the ultrasound pictures. She jumped up and hugged me and told me to take as much time off as possible and not to worry about work at all. I was SHOCKED! Everyone in my office is happy that a baby is coming soon. This week has flown by. In addition to going to the doctor and sharing our news, Stephen started his new job and his last semester at school (can I get an "amen"?). We apparently have a big winter storm coming tomorrow so I am looking forward to hiding out and taking it easy for a couple of days.

0 comments:

Post a Comment